The ASU experimental ground station is a developing experimental facility aimed at providing
- hands on experience in radio astronomy and cubesat operations
- Hands on experience for students operate amateur and research cubesats
- Testbed for high performance receivers built by ASU’s THz lab
Most of the station itself is designed, assembled, and operated by students providing many opportunities for experience with real projects.
- Location: Roof of ISTB4 building on ASU Tempe campus
- Fully steerable mount with 10ft dish and dual 2m-band yagis.
- Feeds: Sband (amateur and DSN bands), Xband, Lband (radio astronomy band)
- The ASU ground station is a project sponsored by JPL, Newspace, and SESE. Dish and mount are manufactured by M2 Inc and installed by Close Communications.
Faculty and Staff
- Daniel Jacobs, SESE (Director) daniel.c.jacobs -a- asu edu
- Scott Smas, Newspace
- Jim Eberle, EE
- Hamdi Mani, THz Lab
- Jim Bell, SESE
- Andrew Klesh, JPL
- Jack Lightholder, JPL
- Jeremy Jakubowski
- Chris Mars